- Save on Back-to-School Computers, Supplies, Clothing During Sales Tax Holiday August 3-5
- Check Out Your School Supply Lists Online
- Parkway Phones, Website Unavailable July 13-15 Due to Planned Power Outage
- Registration Currently Underway
- Hwy. 141 Completion & Woods Mill Closure July 14
- Office Equipment to be Auctioned July 11
- Change in School Meal Prices for 2012-13; Free and Reduced Program Available
- Price of Admission for Athletic Events Rises
- Parkway Students Work with Scientists During Annual STARS Program
- Play Ball! Parkway Family Night at Busch Stadium Sure to be a Hit!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Save on Back-to-School Computers, Supplies, Clothing During Sales Tax Holiday August 3-5
Missouri’s annual back-to-school sales tax holiday is the weekend of Friday, August 3, through Sunday, August 5. During the tax holiday, certain purchases such as personal computers and software, clothing and school supplies are exempt from state sales taxes.
The tax holiday comes at an opportune time as Parkway plans later this fall to allow students in middle and high schools to bring their own electronic devices—including laptops, iPads and other tablets, eReaders and smart phones—to school for educational purposes. See a related story in the June issue of eNews and download a copy of the Campus Technology Access Handbook for more information.
School supply lists are now available online, so be sure to take them along as you shop on the tax holiday weekend.
Participating cities will exempt their sales taxes in addition to the state's portion (4.225%) on eligible items. For more details visit the Missouri Department of Revenue Web site.