- Parkway Board Selects Superintendent Search Firm
- Summer of 2010: Record Construction Season
- Fall Testing Information for Parents
- Highway 141 Construction Calls for Caution, Patience
- 2011-12 School Calendar Approved
- Interested in Scouting?
- Parkway Receives Major Federal Grant for Teaching American History
- Announcing the Alumni Hall of Fame Class of 2010
- Parkway to Adopt Single-Stream Recycling
- Follow Parkway on Facebook and Twitter this Year!
- Student Legislative Forum Tonight!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Highway 141 Construction Calls for Caution, Patience
In case you haven’t noticed, construction is in full swing on the new Route 141 between St. Luke’s Hospital and Olive Blvd. The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) reminds us that this is an active construction zone involving heavy equipment, machinery and a variety of construction and utility work. Drivers, especially students, should be especially cautious and attentive to safety--for themselves, other drivers and for workers.
A MoDOT Web site dedicated to the project provides the latest news, including road closures, photos, efforts to minimize environmental impact, etc. You can also sign up to be a Facebook fan or receive SMS text messages. A downloadable fact sheet on the project is also available.
The new Route 141 is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2012. Watch for more updates about detours and road closures in future issues of eNews.