- Another Parkway Teacher Achieves National Board Status
- Candidates May File for Parkway Board in December
- "School's Out" Opportunities Available through Community Partnerships
- Preliminary 2006-07 Budget Work Session Planned
- School Closings - Do You Have a Plan?
- Teacher Recruitment Fair is January 7
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Preliminary 2006-07 Budget Work Session Planned
December 2005At its December 14 meeting, the Parkway Board of Education will begin discussions on the 2006-07 budget. The district will continue to focus on ways to control costs while minimizing the impact on students. Although the district has been in cost containment for five years, there will be areas that cannot be funded at adequate levels (class sizes, frozen program and school operating budgets, textbooks, equipment, instructional support, technology, alternative education programs for struggling students, etc.) Chief Financial Officer Mark Stockwell will present the board with 2006-07 budget assumptions on revenues, staffing, buses, textbooks, equipment, inflation, utilities, technology and other key budget items. The meeting is at 7:30 p.m. at Craig Elementary, 1492 Craig Road in Creve Coeur.