- Parkway Students to Vote Nov. 4
- Parent Feedback Wanted on Counseling Programs
- Parents: Prepare for School Closings!
- Parkway High School Students are STARS--One Earns Pfizer Research Award
- Parkway Bond Issue Information
- Parkway Alumni Association Inducts 25 into Hall of Fame
- Central High Production has Important Lessons for Students
- College Recruiting Event for Student Athletes
- Central/South High Craft Fairs Coming Soon!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway High School Students are STARS--One Earns Pfizer Research Award
Andrew Williams, a senior at Parkway South High, has been named a winner in the 2008 Pfizer Award for Excellence in Research competition. Williams is one of nine Parkway high school students who spent the summer doing intensive research with some of the top scientists in the greater St. Louis area.999999
Williams’ award-winning research paper is entitled, “Genome Organization of Glycine Max Micro RNAs and their Targets.”
The students who participated in the Students and Teachers as Research Scientists (STARS) program at the University of Missouri-St. Louis are:
Joy He, Central High;
Aravinth Karunanandaa, North High;
Vishesh Mathurs, Srishti Sharma, Lauren Tucker, Andrew Williams and Sharon Xu, South High; and
Bob Han and Peter Holly, West High.