- Parkway to Go Wireless in 2008-09
- Parents, Prepare for School Closings!
- Parkway Staff Certified in Internet Safety Education
- Parkway Students Earn Half of State Writing Awards
- Parkway Environmental Services Wins Regional Award
- Veterans Called to Service Again! Social Studies Collecting Artifacts
- Information for Parents About Staph Infections
- Nominate a Parkway Grad for PAA Hall of Fame
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Students Earn Half of State Writing Awards
These students were among 595 high school seniors chosen from across the United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, the Virgin Islands and American schools abroad.
This award program was established in 1957 to encourage high school students in their writing and to recognize publicly some of the best student writers in the nation.
The writing excellence is based on students' samples of their own best prose or verse and on impromptu themes that are written under supervision. For more details, visit the NCTE Web site at http://www.ncte.org/about/awards/student/aa.