- 2007-08 Class Sizes Popular with Parents, Teachers
- Parkway Rolls Back Tax Rate 57 Cents; Prop R Initiatives Still Fully Funded
- High School Students Encouraged: Become an Involved Citizen!
- Emergency Preparedness in Parkway; Tips for Parents
- Parkway to Promote Internet Safety Awareness in 2007-08
- Interested in Scouting?
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Emergency Preparedness in Parkway; Tips for Parents
The Parkway School District is committed to providing a safe environment for students, staff and visitors. We work closely with local safety officials, including police, fire, emergency medical services and public health, to ensure our schools are well prepared for an emergency.*****
- Provide accurate contact information to your child’s school, including alternate phone numbers for you and family/friends you have arranged as your backup. Notify the school promptly if this information changes.
- Remind your children that schools are safe places and talk with them about the importance of remaining calm and following instructions during an emergency.
- Know how to get accurate information during an emergency:
- Listen for automated phone messages through the district’s AlertNow emergency parent notification system;
- Watch for automated emergency e-mail messages;
- Visit www.pkwy.k12.mo.us or your school’s Web site;
- Tune in to local media outlets for information; and
- Do not listen to rumors.Call Parkway’s safety hotline at (314) 415-SAFE to report suspicious behavior or other safety-related information to district officials.
- Be patient if we are unable to respond to you as completely or quickly as you would wish. Our first priority is your child and the other children in school.