- The Power of the Word "Yet"
- Preparing for Snow Days
- Dine Out in December for Parkway
- Three Positions Open on School Board
- Parkway Receives Highest Award on Audit
- Parkway Teachers Win Emerson Award
- Who Should Be in the Parkway Hall of Fame?
- West High Swim Program Headed to Hall of Fame
- Teacher in Afghanistan Gets 55 Boxes from Central High Students
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Three Positions Open on School Board
Three director positions are open on the Parkway Board of Education, each for a three-year term, in the April 2014 election.
Candidate filing begins at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, and continues through 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2014. Filing must be done in person at the Parkway Administrative Center, 455 N. Woods Mill Rd., Chesterfield, Mo 63017.
The terms of Chris Jacob, Bruce Major and Dee Mogerman expire in April 2014.
Filing hours are from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. On the last day of filing, January 21, the hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No filing will take place on December 25, January 1, or January 20 as district offices will be closed. Names will appear on the ballot in chronological order of filing.
To be eligible for the Parkway Board of Education, applicants must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 24 years old;
- be a resident taxpayer of the Parkway School District; and
- have, or will have, resided in Missouri for one year prior to the April 8, 2014 election.
At the time of filing, applicants should provide a biographical statement of no more than 200 words and a recent photograph, which will be released to the media and included in Parkway publications.
For more information, please call Nikki Stover, Parkway Board of Education administrative assistant, at (314) 415-8002.