- Register for 2013-14 Kindergarten on Jan. 29, Have Chance for Free Jumpstart to Kindergarten Class
- Area Budget Meetings Scheduled for January
- Parkway Makes College Board AP Honor Roll
- Introducing Peanut Butter Alternative, SunButter
- Parkway Recognizes 58 National Merit & Achievement Students
- Congratulations, National Board Certified Teachers
- Two Positions Open on Parkway School Board
- All-District High School Career Fair Coming Feb. 20
- Recycle Holiday Lights & Help Feed the Hungry
- Parkway Joins List of EPA ENERGY STAR Leaders
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Introducing Peanut Butter Alternative, SunButter
Good news for those with peanut allergies! In January 2013, Parkway will introduce a physician-approved peanut butter alternative called SunButter® in school cafeterias. SunButter® will be featured on salad buffets, snack lines and after-school snacks at the high schools.
SunButter® products are made in the U.S. from specially roasted sunflower seeds. They are free of peanuts, dairy, eggs and gluten and are processed in peanut-free facilities.
Nutritionally, SunButter® products have no hydrogenated oil or trans fats. They contain 27 percent of the daily recommended allowance of vitamin E in one serving, have a higher iron and fiber content than peanut butter and are great sources of protein. For more information, call Parkway’s Food Services at (314) 415-8246.