- Time to Register for Preschool, Kindergarten
- Answers to Budget Questions Now Online
- Three Candidates File for Board of Education; Candidate Forum March 12
- Calendar Changes & Professional Learning in 2012-13
- Parkway Career Fair for All High School Families March 5
- Parkway Chess Tournament Coming March 10
- Nominate a Parkway Grad for the Hall of Fame
- Parkway Administrators Announce Their Retirement
- Trivia Night to Benefit Parkway Students
- FEB. 3 DEADLINE to Nominate YOUR Pillar of Parkway
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Chess Tournament Coming March 10
All Parkway students, grades kindergarten through high school, are invited to participate in the annual Parkway District Chess Championship, hosted for the first time by the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis in the Central West End. The five-round tournament is Saturday, March 10.
Tours of the 16,000 square-foot World Chess Hall of Fame, will also be available. In March, the WCHofF will feature Marcel Dzama’s contemporary chess exhibit and “Harry Benson’s Photographs of Bobby Fischer.”
There is no fee for the tournament (excluding parking) and many trophies and medals will be awarded to top individuals and schools. In addition, the top winner in each section will receive a free membership to the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis.
Students can pre-register for the tournament online at SaintLouisChessClub.org or by contacting Alex Vergilesov Scholastic Coordinator, by e-mail or phone at (314) 361-2437. Walk-in registration will take place the day of the tournament from 9-9:45 a.m. Tournament play begins at 10 a.m. and concludes with the awards presentation at 1:50 p.m. There will be 30 minutes for lunch after the third round. Students are encouraged to bring a sack lunch.