- From the Superintendent: Parkway to Trim Budget in 2012-13
- Internet Food Service Deposit System Expanded
- Three Parkway Teachers Achieve National Board Certification
- Recycle Holiday Lights to Feed the Hungry
- Alumni News Now Online
- Parkway Students Grow from Peer Teaching Experience
- Nominate a Parkway Grad for the Hall of Fame
- PAWS for Reading Day at Queeny Park Sunday, Dec. 4
- Shop Central High Holiday Boutique Friday, Dec. 2
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Recycle Holiday Lights to Feed the Hungry
Do you have old strings of tangled holiday lights stored in your basement or garage? Want to get rid of them? Here’s a solution for you that also benefits the environment and helps feed the hungry.
Most Parkway schools are now collecting donations for the holiday light recycling drive sponsored by St. Louis Green. Lights will be taken to companies that can recycle their wire and plastic components. Proceeds from the drive will go to Operation Food Search, a local food pantry.
Bring your old lights to school anytime before January 31, 2012. St. Louis Green will track the number of lights collected from each school and the winner (per capita basis) will receive an award.