- From the Superintendent: Board Approves Attendance Boundary Adjustments
- Visit New Virtual Student Art Gallery
- Join Us for the Next Project Parkway Meeting
- National Speaker on Transforming Education Comes to Parkway
- Parkway Considers New Plan for Academic Recognition
- Parents: Are you Prepared for School Closings?
- Board Candidate Information Night Nov. 29
- Parkway Network Services Unavailable Nov. 12
- Nationwide Emergency Alert Test on Nov. 9
- Autumn Craft Fairs & Nike Sale
- No School Nov. 4; Child Care Options with YMCA
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Nationwide Emergency Alert Test on Nov. 9
On Wednesday, November 9, the first test of the Nationwide Emergency Alert System will be conducted. The test will begin at 1 p.m. (CST) and run concurrently across all time zones.
This three-minute system test is the first of its kind. It is designed to broadcast a message to the American public across all radio and TV bands at the same time.
There is concern in emergency management circles about undue public anxiety or panic, as the televised messages might not clearly indicate that it is just a test. Please share this information with your family and friends. For answers to frequently asked questions about the test, click on the link below.