- From the Superintendent: Board Approves Attendance Boundary Adjustments
- Visit New Virtual Student Art Gallery
- Join Us for the Next Project Parkway Meeting
- National Speaker on Transforming Education Comes to Parkway
- Parkway Considers New Plan for Academic Recognition
- Parents: Are you Prepared for School Closings?
- Board Candidate Information Night Nov. 29
- Parkway Network Services Unavailable Nov. 12
- Nationwide Emergency Alert Test on Nov. 9
- Autumn Craft Fairs & Nike Sale
- No School Nov. 4; Child Care Options with YMCA
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parents: Are you Prepared for School Closings?
Yes, it's that time of year again! In addition to snow and cold weather, emergencies can occur during the school day due to things like power outages and water main breaks. Following are some of the ways we will notify you about these events.
AlertNow messages: Parkway parents will receive a recorded phone message at home, on their cell phones, and at work when school is closed due to weather or unforeseen emergencies. In addition, e-mail messages will be sent as well as text messages to parents who have “opted in” via www.alertnowsms.com (PIN 096095).
Website and SNOW hotline: In addition to the AlertNow phone messages, the traditional sources of closing information will continue to be available through the Parkway website at http://www.parkwayschools.net, the 415-SNOW hotline at (314) 415-7669 and local media outlets.
Be sure to keep your school informed of any phone number and e-mail address changes throughout the year so that you will receive emergency and/or routine phone and e-mail messages.