- Parkway Welcomes Dr. Keith Marty as Superintendent
- School Supply Lists Online; Save on Sales Tax Holiday August 5-7
- Upgrade to Food Service Online Deposits for 2011-12; Meal Prices Unchanged
- Mark Your Calendar for All-District Musical August 12-20
- Fifteen Parkway Students are Summer STARS
- Save on Office Items: Shop Parkway Auction July 12-13
- Special Prices for Parkway Cards-Cubs Game
- Parkway Bus Drivers Take First Place in Safe Driving Competition
- Mason Ridge Wins State Award
- Mark Wade Night at Busch Stadium
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Mark Wade Night at Busch Stadium
Join in honoring the memory of South High 30-year veteran teacher and coach Mark Wade (pictured far left), who died suddenly of an apparent heart attack in late April. A special scholarship fund has been set up in his name, and all profits from specially purchased tickets on Mark Wade Night at Busch Stadium on Friday, September 2, will go to the fund. Tickets are $25 for Big Mac Land seats. The St. Louis Cardinals will be playing the Cincinnati Reds.
A math teacher and department chair, Wade was known for his gift of inspiring and encouraging students of all abilities to be successful. He was also known to be one of the most successful golf coaches in the area. His boys’ teams won seven of the last 11 district titles and the 2000 Class 4 state championship, as well as taking several golfers to Division I success--most notably Scott Langley. A 2006 graduate, Langley finished 16th in the 2010 U.S. Open with Wade in attendance..
If you are unable to attend the game, but would like to make a contribution to the fund, please send your check payable to “Parkway South Bookstore” and indicate on the memo line “Mark Wade Scholarship.” Mail to Parkway South High School, 801 Hanna Road, Manchester, MO 63021. For more information, e-mail Parkway South baseball coach Adam Stahl.