- Parkway Welcomes Dr. Keith Marty as Superintendent
- School Supply Lists Online; Save on Sales Tax Holiday August 5-7
- Upgrade to Food Service Online Deposits for 2011-12; Meal Prices Unchanged
- Mark Your Calendar for All-District Musical August 12-20
- Fifteen Parkway Students are Summer STARS
- Save on Office Items: Shop Parkway Auction July 12-13
- Special Prices for Parkway Cards-Cubs Game
- Parkway Bus Drivers Take First Place in Safe Driving Competition
- Mason Ridge Wins State Award
- Mark Wade Night at Busch Stadium
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Mason Ridge Wins State Award
Parkway’s Mason Ridge Elementary School was honored recently by state education officials for its successful adoption and implementation of “positive behavior support,” a comprehensive approach to improving students’ behavior and academic performance.
Mason Ridge received a bronze award during the sixth annual Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support Summer Institute, sponsored by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education and the University of Missouri Center for Schoolwide Positive Behavior Support. Parkway’s McKelvey Elementary received an award in 2010.
Schoolwide “PBS” is a systematic approach to creating safer and more effective schools by structuring the learning environment to support the academic and social success of all students. The process uses research-based methods to encourage positive student behavior, prevent disruptive behavior and tailor academic strategies to meet individual student needs.