- Changes to 2011-12 Calendar Approved
- Board Reviews Timeline for 2012-13 Attendance Area Change
- Parkway Has What Parents Want!
- Parkway Selects New Chief Financial Officer
- Special Prices for Parkway Cards-Cubs Game
- Grab Your Clubs for the Parkway Golf Tournament
- Chesterfield Arts Community Painting Project June 4
- Save on Bargain Books, Office Equipment!
- Join Parkway in Relay for Life of West County
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Has What Parents Want!
Parkway is one of only 29 of 523 Missouri school districts receiving national recognition from SchoolMatch®, a firm specializing in rating K-12 schools across the country.
School district ratings are widely used by parents, corporate leaders, educators, and realtors.
Criteria used for award selection include:
A close match to what SchoolMatch users most often request. Compilation of over 97,000 parent questionnaires completed by SchoolMatch clients reveals parents most often look for school systems that are:
- competitive in academic test scores and academically solid, but not so rigorous as to intimidate their children
- recognized for excellence by a national foundation or by the U.S. Department of Education
- competitive in teacher salaries
- above average in instructional expenditures on a national percentile basis
- above average in expenditures for library/media services on a national percentile basis
- known for small class size
- Availability of programs at the secondary level. Since relocating parents often focus upon finding a school system that produces a certain quality of "end product" (a high school graduate), only school systems that provide secondary school programs are eligible for the award.
Parkway has consistently received the SchoolMatch award since it was initiated in 1992. http://schoolmatch.com/ppsi/wpwlist.cfm