- Just Released! Parkway Digital Magazine & Annual Report
- Registration for Summer Classes Starts April 5
- Congratulations, Pillars of Parkway!
- Parkway Family Fitness Day May 1
- Drop Off for Old Electronic Items on April 2
- VOTE! Board of Education Election Tuesday, April 5
- Remember to Order a Yearbook
- Think Summer! Discounts on Six Flags & Cardinals Tickets
- Know Before You Go! Detour at Ladue and Route 141
- "Mission: Possible!" New Video Released
- Honor Your Favorite Teachers During Teacher Appreciation Week
- Exciting Osuwa Taiko Drummers Come to Parkway for Japanese Benefit Concert
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Family Fitness Day May 1
The 2011 Parkway Family Fitness Day will be held Sunday, May 1, at Parkway West High School. The event is co-hosted by the Parkway Health/PE Department and Shape Up U.S. The executive director of Shape Up U.S. is Parkway hall-of-famer, Jyl Steinback. She is also dubbed "America's Healthiest Mom."
This year's theme is "60 Minutes to Live Fit." The set up includes a 5K Run, Family Fun Run, Live Fit Challenges, live music, P.E. showcases, healthy food taste testing and much, much more. Emcee Tim Tialdo is a St. Louis native and a nine-year television veteran. His stops have included Access Hollywood, NBC affiliates in West Virginia and Missouri, and KMOV Channel 4.
The event will feature many favorites from previous years:
- Eric James (Hip Hop Artist)
- Jeff the Juggler
- Louie the Bluey (St. Louis Blues mascot)