- Board Approves Changes to School Start & End Times
- New, Improved Lunchbox System for Parents
- See Episode Two of "Mission: Possible!" Video Series
- Nominees for Pillar of Parkway Announced
- District Teachers of the Year Selected
- Ross Elementary Named 2011 Missouri School of Character
- Electronics e-Scrap Recycling Drop-Off at North High
- Trivia Night to Benefit Parkway Students
- Parkway Students to Show Digital Talents at Film Festival
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Board Approves Changes to School Start & End Times
At its March 2 meeting, the school board approved a proposal prompted by the work of Project Parkway to lengthen the elementary school day by 20 minutes and to establish new school starting/ending times for the 2011-12 school year.
Over the past two months, the feasibility of a number of scheduling options was evaluated and two plans were published for review by parents and staff. In making their decision on the final proposal, the board reviewed all of the considerations and rationale, obtained input from transportation and other district staff and weighed all of the responses to the alternatives presented. The new schedule as approved by the board is now posted on the Parkway website.