- Making Up Snow Days
- Discussion on School Schedules Continues into March
- Parkway Board Selects Dr. Keith Marty as New Superintendent
- Congratulations, Teachers of the Year!
- Kindergarten Registration Begins Feb. 15
- Four File for Parkway Board of Education
- "Mission: Possible!" Videos Show Mission, Vision at Work in Classrooms
- Time for Granting Dreams!
- ATTENTION PLEASE: Do YOU Know a Pillar of Parkway?
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Discussion on School Schedules Continues into March
Several changes have been proposed for next fall as part of Project Parkway. On January 12, the board approved offering full-day, tuition-free kindergarten. Other changes still under consideration include school starting and ending times and the extension of the elementary day.
Although the task force working on changes to school times had planned to bring a proposal for board approval on February 9, members are still reviewing options and considering feedback from the community. The snow days postponed a previously scheduled meeting, which delayed their work.
A formal recommendation to the board is tentatively scheduled for the March 2 board meeting. Watch for an e-mail message and more information to be posted online prior to the meeting. A first draft of the new bell times was posted in mid-January at