- Making Up Snow Days
- Discussion on School Schedules Continues into March
- Parkway Board Selects Dr. Keith Marty as New Superintendent
- Congratulations, Teachers of the Year!
- Kindergarten Registration Begins Feb. 15
- Four File for Parkway Board of Education
- "Mission: Possible!" Videos Show Mission, Vision at Work in Classrooms
- Time for Granting Dreams!
- ATTENTION PLEASE: Do YOU Know a Pillar of Parkway?
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Board Selects Dr. Keith Marty as New Superintendent
A Message from the Board President
The Parkway Board of Education is pleased to announce Dr. Keith Marty as our next superintendent, beginning July 1, 2011. Dr. Marty comes to us from the School District of Menomonee Falls in suburban Milwaukee, Wis., where he has been superintendent for the past 10 years. He was the assistant superintendent there from 1989 to 2001.
Dr. Marty began his educational career in 1976 as a social studies teacher, coach and later as assistant principal at Plymouth High School in Plymouth, Wis. He also served as a high school principal and director of curriculum and instruction in Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
Dr. Marty and his wife Diana have four adult children, three of whom serve as officers in the U.S. military. The other is in college studying nursing.
A very special thanks to the many employees, parents and community members who helped develop the leadership screening profile and who served on confidential committees to interview finalists in December and January. Your work has helped to bring us an impressive leader who will be a great fit for Parkway.
Please join me in welcoming Dr. Marty to our Parkway community, and thanks for all of your support throughout this process. A news story is posted on the Parkway website.
Bruce Major, President
Parkway Board of Education