- Central High Open House Features New Science Building
- Kindergarten Registration Begins Feb. 15
- Fifth-Grade Band Information Night Jan. 10
- Board Approves New Playing Surface for High School Athletic Fields
- Submit Your Nominee for Pillar of Parkway!
- Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
- Filing Continues for Parkway Board of Education Candidates
- Granting Dreams Applications Now Being Accepted
- Parkway Chess Tournament Jan. 15
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
Parkway seniors and their families should note that the deadline to enroll in the A+ Schools Program is Jan. 14, 2011. The A+ Schools program, funded by the state, can provide graduating seniors—beginning with the class of 2011—two years of tuition-free postsecondary education.
Students can attend a public community college, postsecondary vocational/technical school and some four-year colleges.
The goal of the A+ program is to ensure that all students who graduate from Missouri high schools are well prepared to pursue advanced education and employment. To be eligible, students must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher, have good attendance and citizenship, and perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring.
Each high school has an A+ coordinator who serves as a resource for students and parents. More information about the statewide program is available online.