- Project Parkway Set to Recommend Changes for the Future
- New Central High Science Building Opening this Month
- Preliminary List of Superintendent Candidates Presented to the Board
- All Schools Getting New Safety Devices
- Filing Begins for Board of Education Candidates
- Student Performances Provide Entertainment for All!
- Register for Parkway
- It's Your Turn to Nominate a Pillar!
- Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
- Help Parkway Win $250,000 for Solar Energy!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
Parkway seniors and their families should note that the deadline to enroll in the A+ Schools Program is Jan. 14, 2011.
The A+ Schools program, funded by the state, can provide graduating seniors two years of tuition-free postsecondary education at a public community college or a postsecondary vocational/technical school. Some four-year colleges also offer financial incentives.
The goal of the A+ program is to ensure that all students who graduate from Missouri high schools are well prepared to pursue advanced education and employment. To be eligible, students must have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher, have good attendance and citizenship, and perform 50 hours of unpaid tutoring.
Each high school has an A+ coordinator who serves as a resource for students and parents. More information about the statewide program is available online.