- Project Parkway Set to Recommend Changes for the Future
- New Central High Science Building Opening this Month
- Preliminary List of Superintendent Candidates Presented to the Board
- All Schools Getting New Safety Devices
- Filing Begins for Board of Education Candidates
- Student Performances Provide Entertainment for All!
- Register for Parkway
- It's Your Turn to Nominate a Pillar!
- Seniors Have Until Jan. 14 to Enroll in A+ Schools
- Help Parkway Win $250,000 for Solar Energy!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Filing Begins for Board of Education Candidates
Three director positions are open on the Parkway Board of Education, each for a three-year term, in the April 5, 2011 election. Candidate filing begins on Tuesday, Dec. 14, 2010, and continues through Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2011. Filing must be done in person at the Parkway Administrative Center, 455 N. Woods Mill Rd., Chesterfield, MO 63017.
Filing hours are from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. On the last day of filing, January 18, the hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. No filing will take place on December 24, December 31 or January 17, as district offices will be closed. Names will appear on the ballot in chronological order of filing.
To be eligible for the Parkway Board of Education, applicants must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 24 years old;
- be a resident taxpayer of the Parkway School District; and
- have, or will have, resided in Missouri for one year prior to the April 5, 2011 election.
At the time of filing, applicants should provide a biographical statement of no more than 200 words and a recent photograph, which will be released to the media and included in Parkway publications.
The terms of Chris Jacob, Bruce Major and Dee Mogerman expire in April 2011. For more information, please call Carol Chlanda, Parkway board of education administrative assistant, at (314) 415-8004.