- Parents: Are you Prepared for School Closings?
- Results are In! Board Approves Leadership Profile for Next Superintendent
- Teaching Communication Arts in 2010
- Kids Voting Goes Paperless, Tries Early Voting
- West High's Marching Band Wins First Place!
- Scouting for Food Nov. 13 & 20
- It's Fall: Time for Parkway Craft Fairs!
- South High Nike Sportswear Sale is Back!
- You're Invited--Celebrate Alumni Hall of Famers!
- Help Parkway Win $250,000 for Solar Power
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Results are In! Board Approves Leadership Profile for Next Superintendent
Over a two-month period, the School Exec Connect search firm has been gathering community input toward the development of a leadership profile, which outlines key attributes and skills desired in Parkway’s next superintendent. Associates conducted 14 focus groups and received feedback from more than 1,600 residents via an online survey.
School Exec Connect used this feedback to develop a leadership profile report, which the school board approved at a special meeting on October 27.
Overall, the community told us the next superintendent should be a person who:
- Will focus on student achievement and is knowledgeable about curriculum, instruction and best practices.
- Has a strong, articulated vision that inspires others and moves the District to where it needs to go.
- Is a team-builder who brings out the best in others and welcomes others’ opinions and perspectives.
- Is an excellent collaborator and builds strong, respectful relationships with all constituents in the District.
- Honors the work of Project Parkway and is committed to implementing its initiatives.
- Is loyal and committed to longevity in the District.
- Possesses excellent communication skills that include careful listening and articulate speaking and writing.
- Is accountable and holds others accountable for performance.
- Is skilled in financial planning.
The leadership profile will assist in screening initial candidates -- a process that has already begun. A final list of qualified candidates will be presented to the board in late November.
In December, the school board and a confidential committee of community members and staff will participate in a second round of finalist interviews. Based on input from the second round of finalist interviews, the board will select Parkway's next superintendent in December or January. The new superintendent will begin duties in Parkway on July 1, 2011.
For more information on the superintendent search process, visit www.parkwayschools.net/search/index.cfm.