- Parents: Are you Prepared for School Closings?
- Results are In! Board Approves Leadership Profile for Next Superintendent
- Teaching Communication Arts in 2010
- Kids Voting Goes Paperless, Tries Early Voting
- West High's Marching Band Wins First Place!
- Scouting for Food Nov. 13 & 20
- It's Fall: Time for Parkway Craft Fairs!
- South High Nike Sportswear Sale is Back!
- You're Invited--Celebrate Alumni Hall of Famers!
- Help Parkway Win $250,000 for Solar Power
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parents: Are you Prepared for School Closings?
Yes, it's that time of year again! In addition to snow and cold weather, emergencies can occur during the school day due to things like power outages and water main breaks. Following are some of the ways we will notify you about these events.
Parents should also have a plan for each family member when there is a school closing. Be sure to review the plan with your child.
AlertNow messages: Parkway parents will receive a recorded phone message at home, on their cell phones, and at work when school is closed due to weather or unforeseen emergencies. In addition, e-mail messages will be sent as well as text messages to parents who have “opted in” via www.alertnowsms.com (PIN 096095).
Website and SNOW hotline: In addition to the AlertNow phone messages, the traditional sources of closing information will continue to be available through the Parkway website at http://www.parkwayschools.net, the 415-SNOW hotline at (314) 415-7669 and local media outlets.
Be sure to keep your school informed of any phone number and e-mail address changes throughout the year so that you will receive emergency and/or routine phone and e-mail messages.