- Parkway Says Farewell to Superintendent Malito, Welcomes Dr. Senti
- Reading is Cool!
- Five Parkway Students Ace ACT
- Kim Cohen, Beth Knes Named McKelvey Administrators
- Summer Brings Parkway New e-Mail, Web Addresses
- Board Adopts New Mission and Vision
- Meal Prices in 2010-11; Free/Reduced Price Eligibility
- Parents Report Additional Student Information per Federal Law
- Parents: Are you Signed up for Infinite Campus?
- Parkway Auction July 14
- Parkway News is Hot this Summer!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parents Report Additional Student Information per Federal Law
Every year, students bring home a Census Verification Form the first day of school for their parents to update important information. Please note there are some changes to the form this year which require every parent’s close attention and action. Every student must return this form with updates on August 18, the second day of school.
The federal government has changed student race and ethnicity categories to provide a more accurate picture of U.S. schools’ ethnic and racial diversity. It will enable individuals to report ethnic and multiple racial classifications.
All parents will have the opportunity to identify their children’s ethnicity as Hispanic/Latino or not Hispanic/Latino and race(s) as American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Black or African American, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander, or White.
It is very important that parents read the instructions on each student’s Census Verification Form carefully, update it, sign it and send it back to school on Wednesday, August 18.