- Parkway Welcomes Familiar Face as Interim Superintendent
- Parkway Summer Youth Camps Still Have Openings
- Parkway Has 'What Parents Want'
- A+ Schools Program Coming to Parkway
- Parkway Jazz at Sky Lounge Thursday, June 3
- Tee Up for Parkway Golf Friday, June 11
- Eight More Parkway Students Earn National Merit Scholarships
- Ten Parkway Students are Summer 'STARS'
- FREE Chesterfield Concerts in the Park this Summer
- Parkway Gets Distinction Nine Consecutive Years
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Ten Parkway Students are Summer 'STARS'
For academically talented high school juniors and seniors, this summer will offer a chance to research everything from neural circuits in the brain to human/robot interaction to evolutionary computation during the 2010 STARS program, hosted by the University of Missouri–St. Louis.
For six weeks, biologists, chemists, computer scientists, engineers, medical researchers, psychologists, and public health experts from institutions such as Pfizer Inc., St. Louis University and Washington University will take on student apprentices in laboratory settings and direct students in research projects.
This year’s program, “Experiencing the Scientific Enterprise,” will be held June 7 through July 16. Students will conduct research and present papers, take part in career workshops and attend lectures by leading St. Louis area scientists.
Participants will include 62 students from 28 high schools in the St. Louis metro area.
Parkway students in the 2010 STARS program are:
- Central High: Shawn Kuo, Emily Wilson
- North High: Calvin Irwin, Zachary Weinstock, Stephanie Zhang
- South High: Dushyant Bhatnagar, Vikram Ponnusamy, Hima Veeramachaneni
West High: Mrigank Gupta, Bob Song