- Opportunity Knocks...Don't Miss Out!
- Last Day of School is May 26
- Superintendent Search Update
- Summer Reading Lists Online
- Student Awards Abound...36 Earn State and National Recognitions
- 13 New Administrators for 2010-11 Announced
- West County YMCA Summer Camps Offer Pick-up/Drop-off at Two Parkway Schools
- Tee Up for the Parkway Golf Tournament
- Relay for Life at Central High June 4-5!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Superintendent Search Update
At a special board meeting on Monday, May 3, board members discussed plans for hiring a new superintendent. Although they still have considerable work to do, they made several initial decisions that will guide their work over the next few months.
First, they decided to hire an interim superintendent for the 2010-11 school year. The board will begin discussing possible candidates to fill this role during closed session on May 5. They will announce the interim superintendent as soon as possible, but no later than June 15, 2010, in order to ensure a smooth transition with Dr. Malito.
Second, the board is considering whether to hire an outside firm to assist in the search process. No decision has been made, but they will develop a request for proposal that could be sent out to prospective firms once an interim superintendent has been hired. Visit the Superintendent Search Web page for regular updates, videos and to submit suggestions.
In other board news, on April 21, the Parkway Board of Education unanimously elected board directors Bruce Major (above left) and Chris Jacob (right) as president and vice president, respectively. Major was first elected to the board in 2008. Jacob has also been a board member since 2008.
At the same meeting, new board members Tom Appelbaum and Sam Sciortino were officially sworn in as directors. For more information on the Parkway Board of Education, click here.