- Mission is Foundation for Parkway's Future
- Last Call to Nominate a Pillar of Parkway!
- Parkway Students Raise Money, Make 'Kits 4 Kids' in Haiti
- Parkway Announces Two New Administrators
- Two Candidates File for Parkway Board of Education
- UM System President Forsee to Visit Parkway
- Parkway Alumni Hall of Fame Seeking Nominations
- Parents: Nominate Teachers for PACCD 'Parkway Partners' Award
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Two Candidates File for Parkway Board of Education
Two candidates have filed for the two open director positions on the Parkway Board of Education. Tom Appelbaum (left) and Dr. Sam Sciortino (right) have filed for the positions currently held by incumbents Jay Davis and Dudley McCarter, who are not seeking re-election. For information on Appelbaum and Sciortino please click here.
According to state law, if the number of candidates who have filed for an office is equal to the number of positions to be filled by the election, no election needs to be held. Therefore, no Parkway candidates will be on the April 6, 2010 ballot. Appelbaum and Sciortino will be sworn in at the April 21 board meeting.