- School Starts August 17!
- Parent Notification System Continues; Text Messaging Available
- Have You Signed Up for Infinite Campus Access?
- Parkway HS Students to Hold Legislative Forum
- Parkway to Administer ACT to all Juniors in Spring 2010
- Letter from the Superintendent about Adequate Yearly Progress
- Community Education Classes Have Something for Everyone
- Help Wanted: Elementary Lunch Room/Recess Monitors
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Letter from the Superintendent about Adequate Yearly Progress
This week, state education officials released preliminary results to school districts from the spring 2009 Missouri Assessment Program (MAP). This marks the fourth year of testing for the new MAP benchmarks and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) results for public schools in Missouri.
Overall, Parkway’s MAP scores continue to exceed the NCLB proficiency targets and are higher than the state average on all tests, but the district did not achieve AYP this year. Read a letter from the superintendent about Parkway’s results, or you may see detailed 2009 test results for Parkway and each school on the state’s Web site after August 12. To learn more about AYP, please click here.