- Drew Davis is Parkway's Teacher of the Year!
- The 2009 MAP Challenge: Tips for Parents and Students
- Later School Start Date Approved for 2009-10 Calendar
- Project Parkway Underway: Applications Still Accepted
- Pillar Nominees Announced
- Safety & Security Reminders
- Board of Education Candidate Forum
- Internet Safety Fair April 7
- Parkway Highlighted on NBC Today Show
- Six Flags Deals!
- Parkway Trivia Night April 4
- Parkway West Fundraiser Gives Moms a Night Out
- Southwest Middle Relay for Life Fundraiser March 24
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Project Parkway Underway: Applications Still Accepted
On February 11-12, 2009, the Project Parkway Steering Committee had its first meetings with Dr. Grant Wiggins (pictured right), president of Authentic Education. Project Parkway is privileged to have the assistance of Dr. Wiggins, a well known consultant and author of several books including Understanding by Design and Schooling by Design.
Meeting materials and information from the February 11-12 are now available online at the Project Parkway Steering Committee Web site.
Any parent of a Parkway student, resident or Parkway employee who is interested in serving on one of the three Project Parkway goal committees is encouraged to apply online or call (314) 415-8070 for more information. The deadline to apply is April 1, 2009. Committee assignments will be confirmed in April.
The Project Parkway kick-off meeting, which includes all goal committee and steering committee members, is scheduled for May 18, 2009, from 7-9 p.m. at Central Middle School. All meetings are open to the public.
Pictured below are steering committee members (l. to r.): Nancy Johnson, parent co-chair of the goal 1 committee; Kathy Saitz, parent co-chair of the goal 2 committee; and Dr. Sam Sciortino, citizen co-chair of the goal 3 committee.