- Thank You, Parkway Community!
- Let Us Entertain You!
- Parkway Alumnus and Principal Featured in Hallmark TV Movie
- Hall of Fame Banquet Honors 24 Alumni
- Parkway Recruitment Fair Coming Jan. 10
- Two Positions Open on Parkway Board of Education
- South High Teacher Earns National Board Certification
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Two Positions Open on Parkway Board of Education
Two director positions are open on the Parkway Board of Education, each for a three-year term, in the April 2009 election. Filing for the Parkway Board of Education will begin at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 16, and continue until Tuesday, Jan. 20.
The terms of directors Helen Casteel and Beth Feldman will expire in April 2009. Casteel was elected in 2006 and Feldman was appointed July 1, 2008, to fill the vacancy created by a former board member’s resignation.
On Dec. 25, Jan. 1 and Jan. 19, no filing will take place due to holidays. Filing hours are from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. On the last day of filing, Jan. 20, hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Filing must be done in person at Parkway's Administrative Center at 455 N. Woods Mill Rd., Chesterfield, MO 63017. To be eligible for the Parkway Board of Education, applicants must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 24 years old;
- be a resident taxpayer of the Parkway School District; and
- have, or will have, resided in Missouri for one year prior to the April 7, 2009 election.
At the time of filing, applicants should provide a biographical statement of no more than 200 words and a recent photograph, which will be released to the media and included in Parkway publications.
Names will appear on the ballot in chronological order of filing. For more information, please call Carol Chlanda, Parkway board of education administrative assistant, at (314) 415-8004.