- Nov. Election Ballot Issues, Candidates Online
- Parkway Students Win Half of Missouri Writing Awards
- Parkway Professionals Earn Prestigious Awards
- 70 Parkway Students Earn National Merit Recognition
- Parkway Alumni Association to Induct 25 into Hall of Fame
- Parkway Fall Craft Fairs Begin Oct. 4 and 5 at West High
- South High's Nike Sale is Back!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Students Win Half of Missouri Writing Awards
Five Parkway students garnered half of the 10 awards given in the state of Missouri for Achievement in Writing by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). Students receiving the awards are:***** Anna Dardick and William Sun of Central High; and Thea Emmons, Victoria Ngo-Lam, and Abby Scribner of North High.
These students were among 525 high school seniors chosen from across the United States, the District of Columbia, Canada, the Virgin Islands and American schools abroad. The award program was established in 1957 to encourage high school students in their writing and to recognize publicly some of the best student writers in the nation. For more details, visit the NCTE Web site at: www.ncte.org/about/awards/student/aa/130201.htm.