- Nov. Election Ballot Issues, Candidates Online
- Parkway Students Win Half of Missouri Writing Awards
- Parkway Professionals Earn Prestigious Awards
- 70 Parkway Students Earn National Merit Recognition
- Parkway Alumni Association to Induct 25 into Hall of Fame
- Parkway Fall Craft Fairs Begin Oct. 4 and 5 at West High
- South High's Nike Sale is Back!
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Professionals Earn Prestigious Awards
Dot Kontak, who has served Parkway for more than 17 years as a district social worker, was named 2008 Missouri School Social Worker of the Year and John Jauss, South High science teacher, recently received the Pfizer Outstanding Research award.*****
Kontak, who has her master's degree in social work and is a licensed clinical social worker, was also honored with the School Social Work Lifetime Career Achievement Award by the School Social Workers Association of Missouri. This is a very select award to honor those who go beyond the norm to help others, support their schools, empower students and promote school social work on the local, state and national levels.
John Jauss, science teacher at South High, is the first teacher fellow ever to be selected for the Pfizer Outstanding Research award. The award was given to the top 10 research interns out of over 70 research assistants at Pfizer Pharmaceutical this summer. Researchers were required to present their findings at a two-hour question and answer poster session. Jauss’ paper was titled, “Correlation of Concentration Determinations of IgG1 and IgG2 Antibodies between UV Spectroscopy and CFCA Utilizing SPR.”