- School Starts August 14!
- State Releases NCLB Progress Reports: Parkway Among Top 10
- Parkway Encourages Parent & Citizen Involvement
- Save on Back-to-School Supplies
- North High Team Wins Missouri 2008 Envirothon
- Parkway Students to Hold Community Legislative Forum
- School-Aged Child Care Employment Opportunity
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Save on Back-to-School Supplies
Once again, Missouri will celebrate a sales tax holiday for certain back-to-school purchases (clothing, supplies, computers, etc.). The sales tax holiday is *****Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 1-3, 2008.
Cities have the option of participating or not. The Parkway communities of Chesterfield, Creve Coeur and Maryland Heights will participate in the sales tax holiday, so eligible items purchased at businesses in those cities will be exempt from all sales taxes.
The cities of Manchester, Ballwin, Des Peres, Kirkwood and Town & Country have opted out, so items purchased at businesses in those communities will not be completely tax exempt. Shoppers in those areas will get the county and state tax exemptions on back-to-school purchases, but will have to pay the city sales tax.
For more information about items that qualify for the sales tax holiday and a complete list of counties and cities participating, click on the following link: http://www.dor.mo.gov/tax/business/sales/taxholiday/.