Parkway e-News Story
Balanced Budget Approved for 2008-09
Parkway’s Board of Education recently approved an operating budget of $207.5 million for 2008-09, which represents an increase of approximately 2 percent over the previous year’s budget of $203 million.*****
“This budget, along with passage of Proposition R in 2006, will greatly benefit our students. It will allow the district to provide smaller class sizes, newer textbooks, better access to up-to-date technology, and more help with basic reading and math,” said Wes Garton, Parkway’s chief financial officer.
· Math specialists for every elementary and middle school
· Literacy “coaches” for each elementary school and 4 high schools
· Additional staffing to reduce student-teacher ratios at the secondary level
· Ten district-wide technology integration specialists
· Nearly $1 million for SMART Boards, technology prototype classrooms at middle schools and other classroom technology
Total revenues and expenses are projected to be $227.4 million and $224.5 million, respectively. Questions about the budget can be addressed to Wes Garton at (314) 415-8005.