- MAP Testing: What do Parents Need to Know?
- Pillars of Parkway among Honorees at Appreciation Evening
- ROCK THE PARK Coming April 13!
- Vote on April 8!
- Two Parkway Students Ace ACT!
- Schools Host Internet Safety Night Events
- Parkway High School Students Help Community with Family Fundraising Event
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Schools Host Internet Safety Night Events
On April 23, several Parkway schools will host events on the topic of Internet Safety. Some will be joining locations around the country for a live, interactive discussion of online safety issues. Others will be hosting local speakers.
Participating schools include Carman Trails, Highcroft Ridge, Mason Ridge, McKelvey and River Bend elementary schools.
The nationwide videoconference event based in Columbia, Missouri will feature a keynote address from James E. Finch, assistant director, Cyber Division, FBI, and other speakers. Topics to be addressed include online predators, cyber-bullying, identity theft and other Internet-related issues. Participants from across the country will have opportunity to submit questions to a panel of experts. Details on the videoconference can be found at http://besafe.more.net/isn/.
More details will be available to parents from each participating school and via the Parkway Web site at www.pkwy.k12.mo.us.