- Parkway to Go Wireless in 2008-09
- Parents, Prepare for School Closings!
- Parkway Staff Certified in Internet Safety Education
- Parkway Students Earn Half of State Writing Awards
- Parkway Environmental Services Wins Regional Award
- Veterans Called to Service Again! Social Studies Collecting Artifacts
- Information for Parents About Staph Infections
- Nominate a Parkway Grad for PAA Hall of Fame
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway to Go Wireless in 2008-09
The Parkway Board of Education recently authorized implementation of a district-wide wireless environment. The goal is for all 29 Parkway schools and other buildings to have wireless Internet access by the time school starts in August 2008.*****
As more teachers and students have computers, it has become necessary to expand significantly on current network capabilities.
“It is more cost efficient in the long run to design all classrooms and sites to be wireless than to upgrade current infrastructure for wired access,” according to Steve VanMater, director of technology. Funding for the $600,000 wireless initiative is being provided by the 2004 bond issue.
Wireless access will be piloted this winter, beginning at South High School and continuing to Shenandoah Elementary and Northeast Middle School.