- Social Media - What Parents Need to Know
- New Green Buses Hit the Road
- Five Candidates Running for Parkway Board
- Snow Makeup Days
- Summer Expo this Weekend
- Dream Grants Deadline Extended
- Swim Program Inducted into MO Hall of Fame
- St. Louis County Library Delivering Books to School
- Parkway Baseball Clinic: Grades 1-8
- Oak Brook and Sorrento Springs are Schools of Character
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Oak Brook and Sorrento Springs are Schools of Character
Both Oak Brook and Sorrento Springs elementary schools were named State Schools of Character by the Character Education Partnership (CEP). Oak Brook and Sorrento Springs are two of only 14 schools in the state to receive the prestigious award.
Thirty states participate in the State Schools of Character program administered by CEP. Being named a State School of Character is a preliminary step to being recognized as a National School of Character by CEP. Each year, CEP’s state affiliates select schools and districts that demonstrate, through a rigorous evaluation process, that their focus on character development has had a true positive impact on academic achievement, student behavior and school climate.
State and National Schools of Character serve as models for other schools, by helping them to achieve the same results. State sponsors recognize applicants and winners in state-level awards ceremonies. CEP announces finalists for the award in early March and national winners in early May.