- The Power of the Word "Yet"
- Preparing for Snow Days
- Dine Out in December for Parkway
- Three Positions Open on School Board
- Parkway Receives Highest Award on Audit
- Parkway Teachers Win Emerson Award
- Who Should Be in the Parkway Hall of Fame?
- West High Swim Program Headed to Hall of Fame
- Teacher in Afghanistan Gets 55 Boxes from Central High Students
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Preparing for Snow Days
As we prepare for potential snow days this school year, there are a number of ways you will be notified about school closings or other potential emergencies. It is important to keep your school informed of any phone number and email address changes throughout the year so that you will receive emergency messages.
Automated phone messages
• You will receive a recorded phone message at home, on cell phones, and at work when school is closed due to weather or other emergencies. In addition, email and text messages will be sent.
• For more information on emergency messages, click here.
School closing information will also be available here:
• TV and websites for KSDK-5, KMOV-4, KTVI-2, KPLR-11, and on the KMOX radio website
• Parkway’s website at www.parkwayschools.net
• 314-415-SNOW (7669) hotline
• Notification on Parkway Schools Mobile App
• Parkway Schools Facebook and Twitter
Y Club Offers Snow Day Child Care
• In the event that Parkway calls a snow day before 5:30 a.m. and classes are canceled for the entire day, the West County Family YMCA will provide elementary school-age childcare at the West County Family YMCA branch. Hours for this this fee-based childcare are from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact the YMCA at 636-532-3100 or visit the YMCA website.
• Students need to be registered in advance of snow days to secure space. Snow day registration forms are here.