- Celebrating a Very Good Year!
- Parkway Book Sale Has Great Buys for Readers
- Parkway Chef Works to Make Nutrition More Appealing
- Parkway Awarded Excellence in Financial Reporting
- Parkway Retirees Association Awards Scholarships
- Parkway and Rockwood Resume Discussions about Community Ed Partnership
- Parkway Joins American Red Cross Safety Program
- Parkway Golf Tourney June 7
- Join Parkway for Cardinals Game Sept. 15
- Check Out Parkway Summer Reading Lists and Library Reading Clubs
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Joins American Red Cross Safety Program
Thousands of school officials, teachers and students in the Parkway School District are now better prepared to respond to emergencies. The District is a new member of the American Red Cross Ready Rating™ Program.
All schools in the district as well as the Parkway Early Childhood Center, administration building, facilities and transportation departments are part of the program.
“As a Parkway alum, I am so proud the District has taken the steps to become a member of our Ready Rating™ Program,” said Cindy Erickson, CEO of the American Red Cross Greater St. Louis Region. “We are looking forward to helping Parkway build resiliency to become better prepared for disasters and emergencies in the future.”
The Ready Rating™ Program is a free, self-guided program that allows members to determine their level of preparedness through a 1-2-3, online self-assessment tool. Members learn tips and best practices to help guide them through an emergency and how to help others become prepared as well. Members also receive the Ready Rating™ Membership Seal, making their efforts toward emergency preparedness more visible. Additionally, the Red Cross can provide a number of services to members in order to enhance their emergency preparedness efforts.