- Parkway Family Fun and Fitness Event Coming May 5
- Important Information for Middle and High School Parents about Online Report Cards
- New Website Features for Parents in 2013-14
- Check Out Summer Reading Lists and Clubs
- Honor Your Favorite Teacher During Teacher Appreciation Week
- Symphony Offers Special Parkway Ticket Prices in Honor of Winifred Crock, Educator of the Year
- Public Meetings on Common Core Standards May 2
- North High A Cappella Groups Win High Honors
- Parkway John Baker Concert & Golf Tourney Coming Soon
- Kathy Wallace, CMS, Wins Excellence in Nursing Award
- Parents Invited to Join Coalition for Community Health
- South High Art Students Need Your Vote in Vans Competition
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Public Meetings on Common Core Standards May 2
The Missouri Department of Elementary & Secondary Education (DESE) is holding meetings around the state on new standards in English language arts and mathematics, more commonly known as the Common Core State Standards.
Common Core State Standards are a set of high quality academic expectations that define the knowledge and skills all students should have to be on track for success in college and careers. The standards promote critical thinking and reasoning skills that students need to be competitive.
Although the standards will not be fully implemented until 2014-15, the department has scheduled a number of informational meetings to be held around the state simultaneously on Thursday, May 2, from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. The meetings in St. Louis will be held at the following locations:
Hazelwood School District
15955 New Halls Ferry Rd.
Florissant, MO 63031
Lindbergh School District
4900 South Lindbergh Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63126
For more information about the Common Core State Standards, click on the link below: