- Parkway Last Day of School Unchanged...For Now
- Plan Now for Summer Programs in Parkway
- 2013 Pillars of Parkway Selected
- Three Teachers Win Albert Awards
- 2008 Bond Projects Nearly Complete; Facilities 2020 Reviewing Future Needs
- Be An Informed Voter for Tuesday's Election
- Triva, Jazz, Golf and Baseball Events Coming Up
- Parkway Wins Growing Green Award for Operational Excellence
- Register Now for 2013 Parkway Chess Championship
- Celebrate Earth Day With Parkway at West High
- Parkway Forms Coalition for Community Health
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
2008 Bond Projects Nearly Complete; Facilities 2020 Reviewing Future Needs
This summer marks the fifth anniversary of Proposition S, the $87 million bond issue approved by voters in 2008. Projects in six core areas--school maintenance and repairs; high school science labs; elementary classroom walls; safety, security and health; technology upgrades; and high school fine arts--were addressed by the bond issue and are 93 percent completed.
This summer Parkway will complete the remaining projects, including improvements to several nurses’ offices, front office security and renovations to high school fine arts areas, at a cost of roughly $5 million.
Parkway is currently looking at future needs and priorities through Project Parkway’s Facilities 2020 team composed of community members, parents and staff. The public is encouraged to attend the Project Parkway quarterly meetings, which include meetings of advisory teams such as Facilities 2020. The next quarterly meeting is at 7 p.m., April 29, at Parkway North High, 12860 Fee Fee Road, 63146.