- Parkway Schools Select Their 2013 Teachers of the Year
- Pillar Nominations Can be Submitted Online Now Through February 1
- Area Budget Meetings Begin at North High January 14
- Register for 2013-14 Kindergarten January 29; Have Chance for Free Jumpstart to Kindergarten Class
- Fifth-Grade Band Night is Monday, January 7
- Parents, Are You Ready for School Closings?
- Two Positions Open on Parkway School Board
- High School Families Invited to Career Fair Feb. 20
- Chesterfield PD Expands School Resource Officer Program to Elementary Schools
- Alumni Help Make Dreams Come True
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Two Positions Open on Parkway School Board
Two director positions are open on the Parkway Board of Education, each for a three-year term, in the April 2013 election. Candidates can file through 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 15, 2013. Filing must be done in person at the Parkway Administrative Center, 455 N. Woods Mill Rd., Chesterfield, Mo 63017.
Filing hours are from 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. On the last day of filing, January 15, the hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Names will appear on the ballot in chronological order of filing.
To be eligible for the Parkway Board of Education, applicants must:
- be a citizen of the United States;
- be at least 24 years old;
- be a resident taxpayer of the Parkway School District; and
- have, or will have, resided in Missouri for one year prior to the April 3, 2013 election.
At the time of filing, applicants should provide a biographical statement of no more than 200 words and a recent photograph, which will be released to the media and included in Parkway publications.
The terms of Tom Appelbaum and Dr. Sam Sciortino expire in April 2013. For more information, please call Carol Chlanda, Parkway board of education administrative assistant, at (314) 415-8004.