- Register for 2013-14 Kindergarten on Jan. 29, Have Chance for Free Jumpstart to Kindergarten Class
- Area Budget Meetings Scheduled for January
- Parkway Makes College Board AP Honor Roll
- Introducing Peanut Butter Alternative, SunButter
- Parkway Recognizes 58 National Merit & Achievement Students
- Congratulations, National Board Certified Teachers
- Two Positions Open on Parkway School Board
- All-District High School Career Fair Coming Feb. 20
- Recycle Holiday Lights & Help Feed the Hungry
- Parkway Joins List of EPA ENERGY STAR Leaders
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Joins List of EPA ENERGY STAR Leaders
Parkway School District has been named an ENERGY STAR Leader for 2012 by the EPA and joins an elite group of organizations in education and business that have made significant improvements in energy efficiency throughout their buildings.
ENERGY STAR Leaders must meet one of two energy efficiency improvement milestones. The first milestone requires a 10 percent improvement in energy performance across their entire building portfolio, and subsequent recognition is given for each 10 percent improvement thereafter. Parkway is currently at a 19 percent reduction level. The second milestone, known as “top performer,” requires the buildings in an organization’s portfolio, on average, to perform in the top 25 percent of similar buildings nationwide.
The district has achieved improved energy efficiencies through a number of strategies: choosing more efficient equipment in renovating buildings with bond issue funds; retrofitting lights and HVAC systems; utilizing existing systems more efficiently; and getting students and staff actively involved with making changes in their classrooms.
For more information about ENERGY STAR Leaders, go to: www.energystar.gov/Leaders.