- Annual Emergency Calling Test Oct. 5
- PLCs in Full Swing; Next Late Start this Wed., Oct. 3
- Parkway Launches Major Solar Project
- Parkway Has a New Website
- Report Cards for Grades 6-12 Now Online
- Parkway Yellow Buses Going Green
- Parkway Fall Craft Fairs Great for Holiday Shopping
- South High Nike Sale is Back
- Resources for Cyber Security; Video on Cyberbullying
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway Yellow Buses Going Green
In yet another “green” initiative, Parkway has taken a big step toward transitioning our fleet of 150 school buses to use cleaner, healthier compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel and improving the quality of the air that we breathe.
The East-West Gateway Council of Governments has announced approval of Parkway’s request for a $1.5 million federal highway funding grant to purchase 30 CNG buses and a fueling station. The grant is included in the region’s 2013-2016 Transportation Improvement Program.