- Ready, Set, Go...School Starts Aug.14!
- Online Report Cards for Middle and High School Students
- Computer Technology Access (CTA) for Students Piloting this Fall
- Information about Parent Alerts
- Meet our New Administrators!
- Woods Mill Road Construction Detour May Continue Through August
- Play Ball! Parkway Family Night at Busch Stadium Sure to be a Hit!
- Before and After-School Child Care in Parkway
- Check Out Key Dates on the 2012-13 School Year Calendar
- Community Education Classes Have Something for Everyone
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Computer Technology Access (CTA) for Students Piloting this Fall
Starting in the late fall of 2012, students in middle schools and high schools will be able to bring their own electronic devices to school for educational purposes. This includes laptops, iPads and other tablets, eReaders and smart phones.
The goal is to provide students access to educational tools and resources that will help them become more capable, curious and confident learners as well as critical consumers and producers of information.
It will be optional for students to have personal devices and they will be used in classrooms only where teachers determine they are appropriate.
The district plans to pilot the program at North High and Central Middle at the beginning of the school year before implementing districtwide.