- Parkway Wins National Recycling Award
- Parkway is Major League Player in Opening of Miracle Field
- Parkway “Rolls Back” Tax Rate for 2005
- Welcome to Parkway eNews!
- Summer Construction Projects in Parkway
- Going Back to Kindergarten - Teacher Lisa Davis Reflects on her First Day
- Watch for “Dear Parents” Mailing
- eNews Home
Parkway e-News Story
Parkway is Major League Player in Opening of Miracle Field
September 2005Children with disabilities from across the area now have a chance to play baseball, thanks to a new "Miracle Field”, which is the dream of former St. Louis Cardinals catcher Mike Matheny. The Miracle Field, specially designed so that children with disabilities can play baseball alongside their friends who are not disabled, opened at the Chesterfield Athletic Association complex on Friday, Aug. 19. Matheny worked hard to make it happen. Parkway turned out in force for the opening ceremonies. On hand were Superintendent Bob Malito, Board President Michael Beasley, the South High marching band, 50 Parkway high school students who helped their "peer buddies" from River Bend Elementary field and hit balls, and North High alum Steve Savard, who hosted the dedication and provided play-by-play of the days' baseball action. Kathy Muehlrath from the Parkway Special Services Department worked tirelessly organizing the festivities, partnering with the city of Chesterfield and many Parkway parents from the beginning to make sure opening day was a success.